Why So Serious? It's Ok, Im bringing you some Coverage!

By Dex
-Dexter Sports
6:50 PM
Dexter-Sports Inbox


I know your upset that I haven't updated all day. It was foolish of me. Downright stupid. But listen, The Dark Knight is the 2008 movie of the year, and Heath ledger's performance is not short of perfect. So calm down, I went to a matinée of the film. I know that baseball supersedes everything in life, I understand. But Tell Me.....

Why So Serious?

Ha, Well let's take a look at some major league news going on as we speak. Or as I was utterly entranced in Gotham City.

Transactions:

  • Well, the Astros went and got them self a good starting pitcher in Randy Wolf today. The Padres and Astros agreed to deal Wolf for AAA pitcher Chad Reineke. Reinke is averaging nearly a strikeout per inning. I really don't understand the logic behind this trade though. Do the Astros really believe that this puts them in contention? I really hope not. It could be a deal just to fill a roster spot, so they don't have to call up a youngster that isn't ready yet. We will see what else is in store. I wouldn't say this puts them out of the Freddy Garcia hunt either.
  • Jon Rauch has finally been dealt to a contender. Rauch was dealt to the Diamondbacks for Emilio Bonifacio earlier this afternoon. Rauch gives this team one of the best bullpens in the national league. I am still not sure what is role will be, but no matter what, I think he will be fine in any role. For the Nationals, they get a great second base prospect, with a lot of range and a great glove. I think this deal is great for both sides. Surprisingly, I thought Jim Bowden was going to be asking for more. But it's still a good deal for the future.
  • The Brewers have given Jay Gibbons a chance. Gibbons, who sent out a letter to all major league teams, besides his former Oriole squad, was playing independent ball. Gibbons could have some power with a bit more work on his swing. He was once a great prospect in the Jays system, until they let him go. It will be interesting to see how far he will go in the Brewer system, and where he will start off. I think he is honestly brought in to fill outfield depth, after the Brewers dealt two outfield prospects in hte last few weeks.
Other News:

  • The Cubs have been fined for violating rules placed regarding the 2008 MLB first year draft. ESPN reports that the Cubs did not place mandatory reports to the league regarding the draft. They also had draftees taking the field before their deals were approved by the league. Major League Baseball has been stiff against the Cubs before, with slotting issues and offering too much players to prospects. I find it kind of interesting. Why such the rush to not file the paperwork. I think some of the issue might have to do with the mix in ownership.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?