Around The Horn: Hey Now, You're an All-Star

Category: By Dex
-Dexter Sports
12:13 PM
Dexter-Sports Inbox

I cant believe the half way point is already here. Tonight should be interesting. I'll take the NL. Our All-Star Rep, Mr. Ryan Braun is batting 7th in the order, which is quite bogus, but their lineup looks just a tid bit better. I like Terry Francona's strategy to bring in a lot of relievers to work just one inning each. It should help out, but I just got a feeling folks. Josh Hamilton sported the AL last night. I'm going to guess that Hanley Ramirez does it tonight for the NL.

Anyways, we have other things to talk about, so lets get to it.

  • Mr. K Rod has announced to the world that he will test free agent waters this off-season. Rodriguez said he would consider offers from the Angels as well, but I think you can kiss possibly the best closer in the game away. Fransisco was quoted as saying they had 6 years to put together a deal and they haven't. Should be an interesting plot to follow this off-season. If Rivera hangs up the cleats, The Yankees are my heavy favorite for k-rod.
  • Barry Bonds' agent is "not optimistic" that his client will get back on the field in 2008. Well, Um, DUH! I have been on of those that believed someone would give him a shot, and I still wouldn't count him out, but has been pretty clear that teams do not want to take on the four headed monster that Bonds brings to the clubhouse. You know, If I were the Yankees I would really think about adding MORE age to their roster. I just don't think Steinbrenner wants to taint the last season at Yankee stadium. Even if the Yankees finish third in the AL east, he still has the fans backing with a new stadium opening in 2009.
  • The Twins are interested in bringing in Adrian Beltre to man third base. Beltre, who has 16 homers, is a great defensive option with a cannon for an arm. Beltre could make the Twins lineup against lefties that much better as well. Geoff Baker though, of the Seattle Times believes it will be really hard for the Twins and Mariners to connect on a deal. The Twins would have to swallow 17 million in payroll, since the Mariners would be asking for prospects and not everyday players. Beltre is also a major part of the Mariners offense. If I were in Seattle's shoes, I would do something to make a deal get done. Why not take half of his salary? Pitching help and outfielder Ben Revere could be a great swap for both teams.
Well, That is all in Major League News. We will get you some more minor league news coming up today along with a prospect profile. Enjoy the All-Star Game!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?