Around the Diamond: Sabathia, Rocky Pitching, Trade Rumors

Category: By Dex
-Dexter Sports
2:45 PM
Dexter-Sports Inbox

Did you see the Fireworks in Denver last night? Come on Really? They were four hours long. Are you sure you didn't catch them? 35 of them went off in Coors field. My god, I hope you at least got to see the recap. That was the craziest game I have watched in a long time. I'm sitting by my computer, tuning into some action before I go enjoy some fireworks down by the water, and I remember thinking, Poor Rockies fans. I came back wondering, Did this really Happen? It did, well at least that is what ESPN told me this morning when I woke up and relived Matt Holliday's monster day and Chris Ianetta's walk off single. I wonder if they can do it again. Hmmm, probably not. Anyways, let's get into some news that is floating around.

  • It looks like the Brewers are the first to make an offer for Big C.C. According to Tom Haudricourt, the offer includes Top prospect Matt LaPorta, minor-league third baseman Taylor Green and probably another prospect, perhaps outfielder Lorenzo Cain.. As BrewersNation stated today, it would be quite a hefty price for a rental, but I believe this is the deal that keeps the Brewers in the hunt. It would be a big disappointment though, if they cant make the playoffs. Can you Imagine a three headed monster of Ben Sheets, C.C. Sabathia and Yovani Gallardo when it is playoff time. Gallardo has a torn ACL, but could be back in time for the playoffs. Add in Jeff Suppan or Manny Parra and that is a NASTY four to face in a playoff series.
  • No More Joe in Cleveland. The Indians released closer Joe Borowski yesterday. Umm, yah its about time. This is almost as bad as me keeping him on my fantasy team while he was injured becuase I thought, "He would come back better than ever." Wow, that was dumb thinking. If the Indians offense cant get anyone the ball with a lead, How is anyone going to get saves. Either way Joe Blows (literally). Of course we all know about the trade disscussions of C.C. going on as well. Apparently though, The Indians signed Jeff Weaver as an insurance for when they trade Sabathia. Insurance? If you go with Weaver, you wont need insurance. He will have your team on life support. Did Mark Shapiro not get the message? WEAVER STINKS. Please see Doug Melvin for more details.
  • Jeff Francoeur has headed back to AA to find his stroke again. We all had to see this coming, I mean the man has hit little to nothing this season. Many thought this would be his season to break out, but it seems to have been to opposite. There doesn't seem to be a timetable for Francoeur's return, but who is to say this is the right thing to do. Francoeur has become an everyday player for the Braves. We will see. Only time will tell. I wonder if Jason Heyward or Gorkys Hernandez will get a look, just for a short period.
Columnist of the Day:

Hal McCoy, Dayton Daily News - This goes out to you Mr. McCoy for accidently wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs Baseball cap to the Ballpark on the Fourth of July. Hey, we understand, you made a little mistake. You are the Columnist of the Day, because of how much you made me laugh this morning with your article on the situation. Here is that article.

Blog of the Day:

Drunk Jays Fans - Wow, that is all I can say. Today's posts on AJ Burnett and yesterday's about autotrader.ca are hilarious. Yet again, good work.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?