Mike and Mike at Wrigley

By Dex
-Dexter Sports
4:33 PM
Dexter-Sports Inbox

I admit it. I'm a huge Mike and Mike fan. One of the minor goals in my life is to get up by six to catch their show daily. I love the bicker. I love the Banter. I love the fact that Greeny is insecure and that Golig thinks he knows everything. So, when both took the mound at Wrigley Field last night, I had to watch. I had to root for the underdog. Mr. Mike Greenberg. And under my judgement, when the whole days was over, Greeny swept the toss and singing at Wrigley.

First of all, the Advantage had to go to Golig right? He is the former athlete. He is taller, with longer reach. His ability to get the ball to the plate. And what does he do? HE BOUNCES THE BALL! I mean come on. Tommy John said it best on the show this morning. Golig should of pushed off more from his backside. The toss comes just after losing event number two of the pentathlon. His sings wasn't horrible. I'll give him some credit. He kept in rhythm and tried to use his deep voice to his advantage. But he forgot the key phrase at the end.

For Greeny, it was simple. Get the ball over the plate and let it fall where it may. He was loose the whole moment. He let it fly. Unlike Golig, Greenberg didnt let strategy get in the way. He just played ball. And when it came time to let his voice loose, he stole the show with, "Lets Score Some More Runs." Throw in a strong count into the song, and lowering the microphone to get the crowd involved and you have a winner. Bragging Rights swung Greeny's way for the first time in a long time....If not the first time ever.


 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?