Links and Such

By Dex
-Dexter Sports
7:51 PM
Dexter-Sports Inbox


Here are some links for your Monday night. Don't forget to catch Boston Legal!

  • El Lefty Malo takes a look at the ratings for fox and the world series. Should be interesting to see where the ratings sit. You know that philly is going to pull in a good amount, but Tampa, as a friend said earlier in the week, "Who are they going to pull, Dick Vitale and his buddies?"
  • The Orioles have released RHP Adam Loewen after posting an 8.02 ERA. Loewen will have to attempt to make his comeback as a position player somewhere else. I hope someone gives him the light of day. Loewen hit .353 in college with 38 RBIs with Chipola junior college in florida. I think this could get interesting. We will definitely keep tabs on him. Someone has to give him a chance right?
  • La Velle Neil of the Minnesota Star Tribune says this postseason reminds him of the '06 playoffs. I would tend to agree. The Rays remind me of the Tigers, but much younger. They have great pitching and timely power. The Phillies are the Phillies though. I thought they deserved to be here at the beggining of the season.
  • The Brewers will not pick a manager until well after the world series. I really think it is Ken Macha. I didn't before, but I just have a feeling he is their guy. The man did get shoved out the door in Oakland pretty quickly. I think he is something this team needs.
  • Columbia pictures pitched a movie to actor Brad Pitt. What the heck does that have to do with baseball? Well the film would be based on the book, "Moneyball" about the Athletics system in the front office. This should be really interesting. I dont know what they are going to do to it to make money. I know i'll go to see it. But really, what can you do with a bunch of baseball minds?
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?