Andy MacPhail Trade Profile

-Dexter Sports
6:19 PM
Dexter-Sports Inbox

I have finally completed the Andy MacPhail trade profile. It was a very interesting experience, and I think I will try and do it again. Throughout the project I found out a couple things about MacPhail that I found interesting.

Download or view the the Andy MacPhail Trade Profile.

  • He is actually a really interesting character. I always thought he was just a boring guy.
  • He really isn't a user of the big trade, but when he does, It usually works. He credits that to asking his father's opinion on trades. He says only once a trade didn't work in his Minnesota days. That trade his father said was a bad one for the twins. Go figure. (Could be a product of his small market nature.)
  • As he has aged, McPhail has become a better talent evaluator. With Minnesota, a lot of prospects didn't work out. But as he moved to the Cubs and Orioles, it seemed his staffs had a better grasp on player development.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?