Around The Horn: Cubs, Moulding, Closing and no more Mota

Category: By Dex
-Dexter Sports
12:51 PM
Dexter-Sports Inbox

So, I had a great podcast comparing Sabathia and Harden yesterday, and I went to roll it out and it wouldn't load. Dangit. Oh well, I think I'll try again this afternoon. I might look at the Top prospects for teams that have traded or gained players via the Draft.

For now though, Let's take a look at what is going on around the league.

  • So, about the Cardinals focusing on current pitching to get them to the playoffs. That isn't going to happen. Mark Moulder is heading back to the DL after 18 pitches last night. Moulder was quoted as saying he just doesn't know what to do. Well, it seems simple now. It has to be time to hang it up. I don't think that Randy Wolf is an option, but possibly a Greg Maddux or possibly Paul Byrd, who pitched pretty well last night.
  • Hal Mccoy defends Reds manager Dusty Baker from the notion that Baker burns out young pitchers. McCoy looks at Kerry Wood as the prime example. I get what you are getting at Hal, but let's be honest. How many innings does Volquez have already? Oh, what about Homer Bailey.... I think he might have been burned out last year..
  • Could the Cubs make yet another deal? According to Jim Hendry, it isn't out of question. Though he does believe it will not be a must. Hendry could possibly deal pitching depth, such as Jason Marquis or Ted Lilly. I don't expect anything to happen though.
  • Tom Hauricourt is reporting that Guillermo Mota could be designated by the Brewers today. Could this be a sign of the Brewers making another move to get Brian Fuentes? Fuentes could just suit up in the opposite club house since the Rockies are in Milwaukee. I sure hope so, Because Derrick Turnbow's 8.31 ERA in AAA wont get it done in beer town.
Stay tuned a bit Later, I'll bring you that Podcast you all have been waiting for.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?